Thursday, September 22, 2022

Stutterheim Bucket Hat

 The item was shipped directly from Sweden via UPS.  Frankly I am impressed, then again, I maybe easily impressed.

The item is known as Beckholmen Coconut size L.  Coconut refers to its color, not the shape, taste or smell of the hat.

I've always like a bucket hat with a size large enough for my noggin.  The Large seems to be large enough "even" for a European brand.  As I've always got the impression they run small.

The item arrived.  And size wise I think it's big enough but it doesn't fit too well to me.

The bigger issue is it smells funny.  Perhaps I should have known.  The hat is coated with some rubber or whatever chemical so it's waterproof.  So it's sweaty and non breathable, two of the things I hate or don't appreciate at all.  Between polyester and cotton, I always prefer the breathable cotton.  I think Gore tex is bad, try rubber coated fabric.

Oh well, I hope the smell would get less repulsive over time.  I am OK just not sure people next to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....