Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Gillette Mach 3 vs Dovo Best Quality 6/8

I haven't used the Gillette Mach 3 for ages.  Out of the blue, I just decided to give it a try and see how it feels again.  I have been straight ... razor shaving for some time with three razors in rotation, the Dovo being my favorite.  The process is kind of elaborate and if you are in a rush like every morning every day, it's just not going to work; I actually shave in the evenings or weekends once a week or so, to enjoy and unwind.  The stropping, the lathering and the full concentration can be somewhat taxing, that's when it's not enjoyable.  The Gillette Mach 3 provides a good alternative, it's almost effortless.  I lather up and shave.  Of course that is if you have a short beard or stubble, if you have grown your beard longer than say quarter of an inch then the Mach 3 won't work that well, all the cut hairs would get stuck among the three blades and you constantly have to rinse the razor cartridge.  On the other hand, the straight razor would cut through any length of beard without getting stuck.  Unless you are an idiot, the chance of cutting yourself with a Mach 3 is extremely low and you can just shave your way rather absentmindedly without losing a nose or an ear.  And Mach 3 actually gives a very clean or even cleaner shave than my straight razors.

2 comments:

  1. My Gillette Mach 3 Turbo is my perfect razor 我的宝刀。It's blades are so durable that I'm still using my first blade after several years. I shave 2 times a week without lathering. Just make do with tap water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think mine has the turbo designation. But it's good, I do use soap to lather up first. I haven't bought any replacement razor cartridges, I think it costs a fortune.

      Delete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....