Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Electrical Works

I had very little idea how electrical appliances work.   In secondary school I took some wood and metal work class that involved lathe and drill.  I am glad (I still have my 10 fingers)  I did I mean not that I had any choice at all.  Back then it was all decided by the school and you just accepted the arrangement.  No question asked.   Looking back I wish I had known  more electrical stuff.  I hardly know anything about voltage, watt, amp, joules or watt per second that kind of things.   I think it is really a handicap.  As a little kid, one of or actually my only electrical primitive toy was a motor.  Sometimes a propeller or fan was attached and I thought it was fun.   And then there was this motor boat but I don't think I ever got its maiden voyage in any open water or water bigger than the toilet basin or any plastic pail in the bathroom.   Some of my more gifted, intellectually and every each way, friends were playing more serious motor model boats powered by engine.  Or even building PCs in the late 70s.  I think the guy was 14 or 15 if not younger.  I was and still light years behind them.

I am trying to build a battery pack for the Sunpak 120J, so Google is my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....