Thursday, August 13, 2015

Sunpak 120J, Vivitar 283 and 285 from March 1993 Popular Photography




According to Popular Photography 1993, here are the specifications of three of the most popular flashes on earth.  Both Vivitar 283 and 285 have impressively short flash duration which make them uniquely suitable for fast action photography, I think--just to cover my behind as I have absolutely zero flash fast action photography except knowing a bit in theory.  I thought the 285 is the more powerful one but with a guide number of 70 while the 283 is clocked at 118 I guess the 283 is the more powerful one.

I suppose Popular Photography is pretty reliable.

update 8/14/2015
February 1995, Popular Photography has totally different spec for the two Vivitar models, which seem to be more reasonable.  As far as I know, which is not a lot actually, the 283 and 285 are almost the same.  So the below specifications make more sense.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....