Saturday, January 13, 2018

記一件發生於2017年的開心事

12/15/2017

Dear Diary,

Just checked my bank account.  My paycheck is there.  Right on time, like clockwork.  I don't know all these freaking deductions and whatnots mean.  But whatever.  Last year I was like I forgot to submit something something like withholding not enough city tax or whatever, I ended up paying penalty, WTF!

12/16/2017

Diary

!!@#$@#$ Verizon FIOS, the set top box kept rebooting itself.  I need to watch my MTV.  Or CNN, I enjoy the anchors' incredulous stuttering when conveying indignations.  Called Verizon, dude sent me a new box via next day FedEx.  Can't fault the dude.  Installed the new box.  Looked like it's working fine.  Then next day, same shit happened again.   Decided to wait to try again in the evening.  Holy moly it worked.  I could never figure out how Verizon works I bet they don't either.  Just send the dude a new box!  I like that approach.

The end is near.   What have I done?  What have I not done?  The perennial question that never yields a satisfactory answer.  I am not getting any younger.  I am running out of battery.

12/30/2017

X:  Sir, can you confirm your phone number?
Y:  Can I ask you something?  Will people actually call me?  I've always put down my number but nobody ever called me?  Will you really call me?
X: Sir, is this the number we can reach you?
Y: Yes.

12/31/2017

Paycheck in the bank!  Yes!
Hello?
This is Dr. Bernstein's office ...
Thank you.

He carefully crossed his legs so his right thigh was resting on his left thigh.  He thought this was a good year.  The doctor called.  Or the doctor's office called.  He placed his hand over his heart, contemplating the new year that was to come in a few hours.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....