Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Highlight of the Day

I got off work a bit later than usual.

When I got on the subway platform, I think I saw Alexa Chung in her golden slip-ons walking in my direction.  I don't know how I think I know it's her.  But I am pretty sure it was her.  I don't get to see fancy slip-ons like that every day.  The loafers practically light up the whole dreary subway platform and the subway car.  It was a week or so after the blizzard and the streets are pretty slushy but her shoes look practically new unmolested by the black snow, urban gravy or the likes.

I was too much of a chicken or got too much misplaced pride or too much self control to say Hello.

Then the other day I bumped into the quite possibly the most prodigious rock climber ever, Ashima Shirashi.  She was very petite and quite easily disappeared in the car.  I tried to look at her fingers and feet to see if they are extraordinary in any way.  I guess they aren't or they are.  I am no expert.  She was accompanied by her dad.  I read her profile on the New York Times quite some time ago and then now "all of a sudden" she is every where.  The New Yorker did a profile on her just a month or so ago.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....