Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Flash Bracket

I own a CB mini flash bracket, the original edition.  It's reasonable good.  It's handy and works pretty much flawlessly.  I wish it comes with some anti-twisting mechanism but it is like an add-on which is as expensive as it's rare for a tiny piece of aluminum.  I believe they have a newer version that has some integrated anti twist built-in.

I have some success mounting my biggie Sunpak 120J on it.  Though the mini ball head that I bought with it isn't liking the stress and weight that much and it's losing its grip ...

I think for the quality of the light, a top mounted flash should be better but I am just happy the flash is mounted on the side.  The bracket only allows flash mounted on the right of the camera with lens pointing out to subject; plus I use a motor drive for the D700 so mounting on the right is really the only right way.  But I think there is a time when mounting on the left makes a little bit more sense photographically speaking, that's when the subject is moving from right to left.


wmLAI_3470_104_2

Well maybe it doesn't make a huge difference if the scene is not too dark.  Sunpak 120J hot wired synced with D700.  No it didn't fire the camera at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....