Monday, November 23, 2015

Supercross Cup 2015

I was hoping that it would rain and got nasty.  Alas, that didn't happen.  It was more like diffused sunlight.  No hard shadow.  It was actually quite ideal for photo taking especially if you are into soft skin tone and all.  But it could also mean flat and lack of contrast lighting.  It becomes a challenge when I want to shoot at 1/2000s and maintain an ISO of 800 or so as light fades in mid afternoon and under the shade.

My technique, I do have some, is
(1) to shoot high shutter speed at 1/1000 or above.  Aperture f/2.8.  Try to maintain low ISO.
(2) to shoot low shutter speed at 1/125 or slower and pan, Aperture can be as small as the camera thinks it should be.  Lowest ISO possible.
(3) to shoot with a flash, rear sync, pan at 1/125s and f/8.  I use my Sunpak 120J at 1/8 of manual power, ISO 400.  Add or remove power for taste via settings, just like cooking.

My D7000 and Speedlight were basically destroyed by last year's cross because of water damage.  I paid a hefty fee for Nikon to fix them.

The D7000 is more responsive to the D700.  The shutter is definitely faster.  But, there is always a but, the D7000 seems to have a smaller buffer so it's fast but after a burst of some shots, say four, I can't shoot any more as the camera struggles to clear the buffer for the next shot.  The D700 is a bit slower and I haven't experienced similar episode with the D700 yet.  I like the D700 tone and color better.  The D7000 feels a bit flat.  The D7000 probably can use some post processing.  But.

The pictures could be found across the usual social media.  I don't want to subject my readers to further eyesores.

....

Both of my D7000 and D700 are capable cameras, and they can shoot reasonably high frame rate, around 5 I think.  I shot 1960 frames between 10:30 to 3:30.  Imagine if I have a D4s, I can't imagine how many frames I have to go through when editing.  It's just a nightmare.  The D700 and the D7000 files are all that big even when shooting raw NEF files.  The new Nikon prosumer models are now 24MB to 36MB, more pixels more storage and I guess more processing power.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....