Saturday, October 03, 2015

Picture Composition

Despite all the rules out there, my composition is largely or entirely dictated by the AF points of my camera.  If my AF points are mostly in the center then my subject is in the center.

Back in the days when manual focusing is the norm, you have a focusing screen with rangefinder split, micro prism ring and matte screen focusing aid and it's relatively easy to off center focus as the focusing aid is a piece of real estate on the optical viewfinder instead of just a focusing point.

The current Nikon models provide a 51 AF points which is kind of enough but composition can benefit if more points are present.

PS:  I just don't believe in or do focus and recompose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....