Monday, December 08, 2014

2014 Long Island Cyclocross in Kings Park

I couldn't ask for a better first cyclocross shooting experience.
There were some valuable lessons learned.  My camera is not exactly water proof or resistant after 4 hours in the rain, LL Bean wading jacket is neither despite its Gore-tex designation (granted it's 4 years old).  Good thing I had another pull-over kayak paddling jacket worn underneath.  I was able to keep body dry the whole time which I think is important.  People buy expensive gears for very good reasons if you were to shoot in all conditions professionally.  Me ain't professional, toward the end of the shoot, my camera LCD was blown and the AF acted somewhat erratically.  My makeshift double zip lock bags rain cover couldn't save my camera in the end.  It was too dark for me to shoot anyway.  The venue was the abandoned Kings Park Psychiatric Center.








1 comment:

  1. 有人説把掉到水裏的手機抹乾,然後放進米缸裏面埋藏於米中吸濕會有幫助。要吸好幾天的。

    ReplyDelete

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....