Friday, November 28, 2014

How to crack an egg

Every time I crack an egg I am faced with the debilitating decision, do I crack it on the counter top or do I crack it on the rim of a beating bowl?  I have heard argument that if you crack the egg on the rim, chances are some broken pieces of the shell may get into the egg, so one should crack it on the flat counter top.  Personally I don't find either way makes any difference at all.  Still, every time I prepare any egg dishes I pause a little to contemplate.  Should I crack it on the rim or on the surface?

1 comment:

  1. On the rim, without a doubt. Splinters of the shell rarely get into the egg. If you do it on the counter top, chances are the egg may end up on the counter top, or worse on the floor.

    ReplyDelete

ImageMagick

 I don't remember if I installed that via Homebrew or MacPort. I might have installed using MacPort.  But it's kind of messed up as ...