Friday, October 24, 2014

Yosemite


Just give it another chance.  Why not?
it took about an hour to download and install the latest and possibly the greatest OS X.

Hopefully this MBP will last, unlike the iBook I had eon ago.  Maybe I shouldn't have said that but here it goes.  This one is bought refurbished directly from Apple.  The model was first released in June 2012, according to some web site OKAY not just some web site, this mid 2012 model is probably the last of its kind that is user upgradable.  The newer retina display models aren't all that user upgradable.  The machine looks new to me.  The battery has 2 cycle counts and I don't see anything that looks or feels old--I read somewhere "most" of the refurbished items are just unsold inventory or actual returned items with battery and case changed.  The machine is cling wrapped.  Almost immediately I upgraded the whatever OS X there to Yosemite and upgraded or downloaded many of the free apps like iPhoto and such.  I haven't heard any noise from the machine or feeling the heat from the palm rest area.  So all is well.  The machine is not cheap but hey it's 38% less than the sticker price; while most are just 15% off which I don't find so appealing.  I did some research on eBay even with no sales tax collected and I don't think I can get this peace of mind and condition from any eBay sellers for a machine like this.

Finally, at long last, I can use iMovie to edit my movie.  Well it doesn't make a whole lot of sense but hey that's me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ImageMagick

 I don't remember if I installed that via Homebrew or MacPort. I might have installed using MacPort.  But it's kind of messed up as ...