Thursday, February 13, 2014

On Photography ... part 1

Once I am done shooting.  I remove one or two of my cheapo SD cards from my D7000 and plug it into my, what else, cheapo card reader.  I run Ubuntu 12.04 with four cores and a meager 4GB of RAM.  Shotwell Photo Manager is the piece of software to organize the pictures.  "Organize" is such a word that I most often ignore or fail to live up to.  Basically the software copies all the pictures and arrange them in year, month, and day order,  which is good enough for me.  To convert those NEF files, I run ufraw-batch to convert those files en masse.  Usually I blindly convert them without being selective.  Defending on the number of NEF files I process it can take some time.

I created an executable batch file like below
ufraw-batch --conf=DSC_1019.ufraw --create-id=no --wb=camera --rotate=camera --out-type=jpg --compression=95 --clip=film --out-path=JPEG/ *.NEF


... to be continued (or not)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....