Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fried Chicken


This is supposed to be southern fried chicken.  I am not quite sure what makes Southern Southern.  The recipe is a search result returned by Google, where else?  Maybe it's my range I don't think the cooking time was right for me.  It almost calls for double the time I used which was already a bit much as the chicken was dark rather than golden brown, not burnt but just a bit on the dark side.   I cooked 6 min on each side.  The meat was really well cooked except the skin got darker than I like, that's all.  I used regular milk rather than butter milk and no attempt was made to measure anything.  I was very liberal when it comes to seasoning, salt, black pepper, chili flakes, cayenne pepper, paprika ....  The last time I made it the boys loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Civil War (2024)

This is basically a Dorothy yellow brick road kind of story.  Also, something to do with the new replaces the old, the circle of life thing....